It’s great that you’re here – we want you to stick around, learn cool stuff and come back regularly. But we also want to make sure you know what’s up with our company, what to expect from our website, products and services. So here are the details.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the state of California, United States of America.
Of the small handful of external links and resources we share on this site, several of them are affiliate relationships. If you follow these links and end up purchasing, Spark Collaborative will make a commission. Please know that our primary goal is to provide you with resources that are useful for your business and extend our mission beyond what we ourselves can develop and offer. So we select our affiliates carefully and stand behind our recommendations to you, though we are not liable for your experience with them should you choose to purchase, join or hire. We do, however, welcome your feedback on the experience. Obviously we want to recommend only the best resources and may choose to remove something if we hear that it is not living up to expectations.
We may also do occasional reviews of tools, resources and platforms that are brought to our attention. If compensation or ‘gifts’ are offered in exchange, we’ll probably take it. However, it will never influence our opinion – we expect that anyone who wants us to promote them will do their damndest to impress us and therefore we set our standards high. After all, if you can’t wow someone when people are watching then it stands to reason that your regular practices aren’t great. So there.
We don’t really do ad space here, but reserve the right to change our minds. So if you see an ad, don’t get all huffy. This is called multiple avenues of income and it’s an important part of business (especially online). Any money we make by providing you with extra resources helps us leverage our time to continue creating products and services that rock your world.
Spark Collaborative is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. Spark Collaborative may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page on occasion to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us.If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Shop Terms & Conditions
We create and sell digital products and virtual services through our online shop. The purpose is to help small business owners who want a helping hand – some new ideas, guidance or a resource to get their wheels turning again – but are willing to do the work themselves to make shizz happen. So we carefully think our way through many scenarios; surveying clients and business owners to find out what people are really looking for. But you can’t get things right 100% of the time, and for that reason we need to spell out what happens when you buy something from us.
First, it’s important to know that we try our very best to provide accurate, relevant and useful information, but we are not responsible for errors or omissions. It’s based on personal experience and anecdotal evidence because we are human beings, so duh. You should use it as you see fit, and exercise common sense to determine whether the examples we provide are suitable for your business. Any trademarks, service marks, product names or features used for reference are assumed to be the property of their respective owners. We do not claim any jurisdiction or ownership over these terms, nor do we explicitly endorse them. But we do, regularly, make recommendations or mentions that we think you may find useful.
Because our products are digital, we have very little control over what you do with it once you purchase (though we can track the resource links that get clicked through). So let’s say you…no, not you, your friend…is a sleazy mcsleazer who goes around looking for free stuff. Your friend buys a book full of juicy info and links, copies it to a new file, saves it, shares it with you and other friends, and then writes a nasty email saying it sucked and they want their money back. Pshaw. It happens more than you would think. Anyway, as a bit of a safeguard, the policy is as follows: We will refund your digital product purchase after you’ve had it for 3 months and earnestly attempted to implement the advice given. That means we’ll be expecting an explanation of why you think it didn’t work and is ultimately up to our discretion.
Services – Virtual and Local
Most of our services are provided primarily via the web, making them virtual services. But even virtual services have a home somewhere, and that home is our headquarters in Orange County, California. So we set our ‘rules’ by California Law and hold jurisdiction here as well. All of our services, unless otherwise noted in a separate contract, are subject to these terms; Payment is due to begin, in full unless otherwise agreed upon. Once the service has begun or been performed, no refunds will be issued. However, it is absolute priority for us to make you very very happy. So we try our damndest to keep the lines of communication open, and expect that you will do the same, to ensure everything goes swimmingly.
[last updated September 2014]